Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What's Up, Ombre?


It's about time we took a minute to discuss the ombre.  What's ombre, you ask???  It's the style for hair that came back about a year ago and we can't seem to shake it.  I like to call it, more simply, the hair color fade...or the, "I'm letting my roots grow in" look.  I have to be honest when I say I was not a huge fan of the look at first - but I do think it's growing on me more and more.  Probably when I start to love it, it will be out of style...but I will say it's still pretty hot.



More specifically, the ombre hairstyle is lightening the tips of your hair gradually to blend with the darker top.  Sometimes, this just happens naturally from sun exposure, which is why I think this look was big for hippies back in the 70's - you know, being one with nature and all that jazz.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, for us (however you want to see it) that, natural, wavy, braids, feathers, and all things peace and love are trending yet again.  Hence, we see the modern day ombre.  It's young and fun and I think it's time to get on board.  Been contemplating it for awhile?  Come in and give it a whirl!


Yes, it is hard to pull off if you are a natural blondie, but you can still give it a whirl by lightening up the ends of your hair.  Or, if you're really feeling daring, the ombre trend has (as of late) taken quite an interesting spin.  The newest craze in different colored hair tips?  RAINBOW OMBRE!  Lauren Conrad sent this intense hair style spiraling into popularity by showing young girls how to do it on their own.   I know, I know, this is not for everyone.  I think you really do have to be YOUNG and FUN to pull off dying your tips shades of turquoise, purples, and hot pinks, but, hey, maybe you will become young and fun just by default for giving it a go.  As much of a statement it makes, we think the overall look is pretty cool.  It works by bleaching your tips and then soaking them in different color dyes.  Interested in giving it a shot?  Come in and we'll help you get the look!  Young girls...double check with your parental units first - we don't want anyone coming in furiously ranting and raving - and we want you to enjoy your summer without being grounded!



No comments:

Post a Comment